Devo in the Country 2020
Don't miss the Devo in the Country!
Check out what Shawn Bain has to say about that day: https://youtu.be/TwzgQhrjp5Q
Devo in the Country location:
1299 Lovers Leap Rd, Kingston Springs, TN 37082
Update on our services
Beginning on June 14, 2020 the kingston springs church of Christ will meet at the building at 10 AM on ONLY Sunday. Below are the guidelines we will be following. If you plan on attending we would encourage you read these so that you know what to expect and how things will flow.
Guidelines for Worship in the Building
• The worship assembly will be Sunday morning at 10:00 AM. This will be broadcast on Zoom for those who choose not to assemble due to being uncomfortable/high risk at the building.
• Please stay at home if you (or a member of your immediate family) are symptomatic, have a fever, have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, or have traveled internationally or to a domestic hot spot in the past two weeks. Symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting and diarrhea.
• Anyone who chooses to assemble in-person does so at their own risk.
• Please use the main door that leads to the rear of the auditorium (N. Main Street side) to enter the building. For those needing to enter the building via the ramp, an usher will be stationed at that door to provide access and assistance.
• Please maintain social distancing as you enter and exit the building. Ushers will be on hand to assist.
• Everyone is asked to wear a face covering while entering the building and seated. Once everyone is seated and the service begins, you will be given the ok to remove the face covering if you wish, while you are seated. We ask that you wear a face covering if you need to leave your seat. Face coverings will be provided at the entrance for those who do not have their own mask. They are not to be returned or used by more than one person.
• Practice social distancing (except for immediate family units) by staying approximately 6 feet from others. No handshakes or hugs. Please be respectful of the concerns of others. Parents are responsible for their children maintaining social distancing. Once you are seated, please stay there until services are over.
• As you enter the building, there will be a table in the foyer. Hand sanitizer will be located on the table. You are encouraged to bring your own sanitizer as well. Please keep your hands washed or sanitized and practice good hygiene.
• There will be individual communion sets located on the table in the foyer. As you enter the building, please pick up what you will need, along with a zippered bag for disposal. After communion, place the used cups in the zippered bag and, as you leave the worship service, dispose of them in the waste basket that will be located in the foyer.
• The doors to the auditorium will remain open to eliminate touching of handles at the beginning and end of services.
• You will be shown where to sit. To help maintain social distancing, seating will be assigned for those who have acknowledged they will be in attendance. The pews will be marked with green colored tape designating where seating is allowed. There will be red colored tape to designate where seating is not allowed. To help maintain social distancing, please sit as a family unit including teenagers and younger people. There will be designated areas marked for visitors.
• Contributions can be left in a plate located on the table in the vestibule as you exit the auditorium at the conclusion of the service. You may also continue to give online or direct deposit at Reliant Bank.
• The restrooms and nursery will be available if needed, but due to their size, we discourage their use. If a room must be used please wipe down everything that you came into contact with using the wipes provided.
• The water fountains will not be available for use. Please bring water if needed.
• Please do not go downstairs.
• Please do not enter the media control room unless you have been asked to assist with the technical equipment.
• At the end of the service, ushers will assist with dismissal, which will be by rows from the back to the front.
• After services, please leave the building and do not linger in the lobby or the auditorium.
• Our Sunday Bible class will be Sunday afternoon at 5:00 PM via Zoom. We will continue to have a monthly prayer service on the last Sunday of each month.
• Our regularly scheduled Wednesday Bible class will be via Zoom.
Temporary worship service schedule
As it was previously mentioned we were going to be meeting at the building only on Sunday mornings at 10. Until further notice we will not be meeting as a congregation until the virus threat has passed or it gets controlled. The men did not make this decision lightly, quite the opposite. We regret even having to consider this not to mention actually acting on it. The men are looking into some way to get the lesson broadcast and we will be posting updates as we make decisions.
We pray everyone stays safe and healthy and that God will keep us safe.
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?..." Matthew 6: 25-34
Peace in Christ,
The church of Christ meeting at kingston springs